A small but mighty Jewish day school in Michigan is seeking an in-person Hebrew language teacher for students in grades K-5. The school offers a warm and caring environment to help students excel academically and become grounded in their Jewish identities. The ideal candidate will show the ability to connect with students, have prior experience teaching Hebrew, and demonstrate strong communication skills in Hebrew.
Requirements and Preferences:
- Fluency in Hebrew (spoken and written)
- Undergraduate degree required; teaching degree preferred
- Experience working with children is required; working in a formal school setting preferred
- Student-centered, developmental approach to teaching.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to address the needs of all students.
- Commitment to meaningful collaboration with colleagues and parents.
- Ability to work positively as part of a teaching team.
- Willingness to engage in self-reflection and commitment to learning from feedback.
Responsibilities (included but are not limited to):
- Planning, preparing, and delivering lessons following the school’s Hebrew curriculum.
- Implementing effective and consistent classroom management to provide a safe and respectful learning environment.
- Creating a positive climate in the classroom.
- Participating in weekly collaborative team and staff meetings.
- Adjusting instruction to support student learning goals within a heterogeneous class.
- Planning and leading activities related to Jewish calendar events.
- Monitoring student progress and composing detailed progress reports twice a year.
- Communicating about student strengths and needs with parents in an ongoing manner and during formal parent-teacher conferences as per school calendar.
HEBREW DAY SCHOOL OF ANN ARBOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE CELEBRATE DIVERSITY AND ARE COMMITTED TO CREATING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES AND STUDENTS.