About the position:
Hebrew Day School of Ann Arbor is a growing Jewish elementary school serving the community for over 40 years. We are seeking a talented, organized, and energetic Office Assistant to complement our team.
The Office Assistant will be responsible for supporting the administrative and logistical needs of the front office, including, but not limited to answering phones, data entry, supply inventory, and limited student supervision. Applicants should be well-organized, possess strong organizational and writing skills. Our ideal candidate will have experience in a school setting and/or with administrative support.
The mission of the Hebrew Day School of Ann Arbor is to nurture the development of knowledgeable, caring, and committed Jewish children in a dynamic learning environment. Through exceptional general and Judaic studies and Hebrew language immersion, students create a meaningful and joyous connection to their heritage and build a strong foundation for lifelong learning and involvement in the wider community.
COVID-19 considerations: For the moment, first interviews will be conducted online. Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Responsibilities may include
- Providing administrative support to ensure efficient office operation.
- Answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, and supporting visitors.
- Carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Maintaining a clean, respectful, and safe environment
- Keeping records on attendance, accidents, and incidents
- Protecting students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Supervising students during recess and snack
- Regular communication with parents, students, staff, and visitors
- Experience working with children and students preferred
- Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures
- Must be punctual, reliable, and flexible
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to self educate and explain technical issues
- Background check required for consideration
Job Type: Part-time/Full-time